The Airborne Data Management Group (ADMG)
NASA's Airborne Data Management Group (ADMG) exists to support the NASA airborne science community, NASA Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAACs), and airborne data users by providing access to relevant resources and data, and by supplying information about existing and past airborne projects. ADMG is located within the Interagency Implementation and Advanced Concepts Team (IMPACT) and operates under the direction of NASA's Earth Science Data Systems.
ADMG Goals, Priorities, Activities
The ADMG exists to:
- Ensure that airborne scientific data are discoverable and usable to the airborne and other scientific communities.
- Inform the development of best practices for airborne data management and stewardship.
- Provide a knowledge base about all of NASA’s Earth science airborne campaigns for all relevant stakeholders, including project managers, DAACs, scientists, and users.
Expected outcomes of the ADMG project include:
- Improved overall management and stewardship of NASA airborne data.
- Improved communication between DAACs, airborne data providers, mission managers, and data users by serving as the point of contact and source of knowledge for all airborne information, data and activity within NASA. This includes construction and maintenance of a public web interface that provides access to needed information.
- Development and maintenance of an extensive airborne data inventory that can be queried and that can direct users to needed data at any DAAC.
- Improved support to the Earth Venture Suborbital - 3 (EVS-3) program projects and other future projects.
- Identification and documentation of metadata issues unique to airborne data and development of recommended changes as needed for improved data discovery, display, and use
- Supporting stakeholders in activities such as the development of Data Management Plans (DMPs), data publication, delivery and discovery, and DAAC selection activity.
The ADMG team can be reached by contacting the IMPACT office.
For EVS-3 projects, ADMG will support your project team and your assigned DAAC.
Page Last Updated: May 2, 2019 at 11:18 AM EDT